Schools and universities listed: 15

Subscribe to our "italian language" newsletter

Last Updated 2/7/2014

Search for Schools or Courses
  • Search by area:
    Search courses:
    Italian language courses advanced search
Schools of the Month
  • Learn Italian
  • Learn Italian in Italy
  • Italian language school and courses
Main Menu
  • Italian Language Course On Line
Social media!




Required documents

1 Citizens of the European community, (and also Saint Marino, the Holy See and Switzerland): No problem concerning income, residence, studying and working in Italy.

2 Citizens of Andorra, Argentine, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, South Korea, Costa Rica, Croatia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Japan, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Latonia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Hungary, Uruguay, Venezuela.
You can enter Italy with a tourist visa, valid for a maximum period of 90 days

3 Those who wish to stay in Italy for longer than 90 days, and citizens of all other countries not listed require:

Compulsory Il Visto di Studio (Visa permit, approval to study)

The STUDY APPROVAL is necessary

Previewed between “Visa for longer duration residence” and “Nationals” (VN) or “only for stays longer than 90days” (D type)

If the student enters under a tourist permit, (therefore without the study approval), normally the school does not check whether students have the study permit or not. In theory there are no problems enrolling into a school for a period longer than 90days, however the student will have to take responsibility for being in the country without the proper permission to stay. Which carries the risk of being expelled and deported!!

How to obtain the Study Approval

The permit must be applied for at the Italian Consulate in your country of origin. You will need to present a receipt from the Italian school where you have enrolled, attesting to the payment of the enrolment fee, the duration and type of course, the start date, and the address of the school. The consulate may require (at the discretion of the country of origin) an insurance policy for the duration of your stay in Italy and a form of economic guarantee (bank statement with sufficient funds). The visa is obtained within approximately 90 days.
It is easy to obtain the permit in nearly all countries, (in recent years it has become difficult for Middle Eastern countries). The student may be subject to various appraisals and requests depending on the country of origin; it is rare that the visa will is not granted to applicants. Therefore if you want to study in Italy for a period longer than 90 days and you do not have citizenship with the European community, you must address the Italian consulate within your country of origin. With the Study approval visa permit, you can remain in Italy for the duration of the course, but please note that non EC Nationals are not permitted to work!!

There are, however, possibilities for students to find part time work (without permits) especially in bars, pubs, restaurant, discotheques, tourist shops, markets etc... If you want to work, have an adventurous spirit and you are bright, there isn’t a problem!!
Nobody will put you in jail, the maximum penalty is to be sent home, or even expelled from Italy, without having to pay for your return airline ticket!!


Schools in Italy | FAQ | Site Map | Italian Language Schools in Italy | Art Schools | Fashion Schools | Photography Schools |
Escuelas de italiano en Italia

Study abroad around the world | Study in europe | Italian language courses in Rome


Assistant Contact Contact Send